The Oregon economy is mainly made up of manufacturing, services, and high technology. Tourism is also popular due to the mountains, forests and lakes in the state. Some major corporations, such as Nike and Precision Castparts Corp., have their headquarters in Oregon. State laws and regulations are relatively strict however, particularly with regard to environmental quality.
Universal Company Incorporations has experience with company formation in Oregon and will guide you through the various regulations. Our team will help you establish the right company to meet all your business requirements, enabling business development and growth.
Company Set Up
There is a full range of company forms to incorporate in Oregon; sole proprietorship, a partnership, corporation or a limited liability company.
You must complete the following steps to set up your company in the state:
- Register a business name with the corporation division in the secretary of state’s office.
- File paperwork at the Oregon state filing office.
- Hold an Organisational Meeting and adopt the company’s Bylaws (Corporations or Operating Agreement (LLC’s).
- Obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) for your company and open a company bank account.
- Obtain a local business license from the appropriate city or county.
There are various federal and state laws to comply with in Oregon. State Income Tax is levied on every person and an excise tax on all corporations operating in the state.
Most businesses are also required to make contributions to the state’s unemployment compensation trust fund in addition to providing workers’ compensation insurance for their employees.
All businesses must keep records of business, travel, and entertainment expenses, capital expenditures and tax credit for taxation purposes.
Universal Company Incorporations is always on hand to guide you through all of the stages of forming a new enterprise or expanding an existing company in multiple countries. Please don’t hesitate to call us on +44 (0) 208 421 7471 or contact us via the website for help and advice.